Home Accounts excel sheet issue displaying Totals

Jasper777

Hi, probably a basic question so apologies in advance.
what I have is an excel sheet comprising several columns simply put col 1 date, col 2 income1, col 3 income 2, col 4 outgoing, col 5 other outgoing, col 6 reason, col 7 visa or cheque no, col 8 regular balance, col 9 other balance, col 10 total balance.
I have been keeping these accounts for several years so have thousands of rows in my excel sheet.
what I am trying to achieve is the ability to display the "current total" ie. balance from col 8 in a cell in row 1 of the spreadsheet.

the way I use the spreadsheet is quite basic in that I input my income, copy and paste from another sheet with my outgoings listed update the specific dates that they are due out of my account, this leaves me a running Total in col 8 of my available funds.
each week or so I update the sheet with my latest outgoings.

you will appreciate that the income is once a month and the outgoings vary from month to month and the running total is the last row on which an entry has been made. I copy a formula that carries on down the spreadsheet.

I am looking for a formula that will display the running total from the last entry in a cell in row 1 at the top of the sheet. as the data is entered the last entry will change and therefore I need to reflect this in the formula, I just don't know how to, any advice /help much appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Try something like this...
B​
C​
D​
1​
2​
10​
60​
3​
20​
4​
30​
5​
40​
6​
50​
7​
60​
D2=INDEX($B$2:$B$10,MATCH(0,B2:B10,-1))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back