Help with formula/code to multiply a cell that user types into.

Oryan77

Board Regular
I would like the ability to type a number in a cell and have the cell show a value of *10 without actually changing the entered number.

So I type "0.5" in cell A1, and the cell displays "5" but if I click into the cell, I still see 0.5.

Is this possible? If it is, and it needs to be done using VBA, will the VBA code keep track of that cell if I ever cut/paste that row/column somewhere else on the sheet? Will the VBA code update to where the cell was moved or do I need to always manually update the VBA code if I ever cut/paste?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Actually, I am stuck again.

I am formatting a cell with "##,%%" (or ##,<Ctrl J>%% (where Ctrl J is pressed in order to enter the %% as a Carriage Return aka new line) in order to get a cell value of "0.5" to display as "5". Also word wrap is activated. This works.

However, I also need to get another cell to have a value of "0.05" but still display the cell as "5". I cannot get this to work. None of my attempts are displaying the cell as "5". I can get it to display "50" while the value is "0.05". I can also get it to display "1" while the value is "0.05". I cannot get it to display "5" while the value is "0.05".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back