Need help with countif and indirect.

Gunship

Hey all, I'm trying to build a sheet for my company that pulls information by month and then matches the agent name to countif and track total leads. I've setup seperate sheets for each month that log how many sales leads are generated and which agent submitted the lead.

My goal is to create a drop down menu where we can select each month, if the agent name matches it will count the total entries for the month into a column titled Leads.

--------------------------

Main Sheet is called Monthy Stats, Column A has the drop menu to select the month, starting with September. Column B titled Agent Name, and is currently using an importrange from another sheet titled Team Roster. Column C is where I want to populate the total leads if the agent name matches from another sheet titled Sept Leads.

On the September Leads sheet the agents names are populated in Column E.

I hope this is descriptive enough.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Update: I think I've figured it out =COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&$A$2&"'!E:E"),"*"&B3&"*") Seems to be populating correctly! Yay!

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you figured out your question and thank you for sharing the solution.

Note that it is important to mention that you are using Google Sheets.

Although you may think that Excel and Google Sheets are the same, they are very different.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back