How to change column instead of row references when dragging a formula down?

TacticalExcel

Apologies if a similar situation to mine has already been posted. I searched and wasn't able to find anything. I am using Excel 2016.

I have a very long formula (much of which is shown below) and I want to drag this formula down abut 100 rows with each row moving the column reference one to the right.

In other words as I drag the formula down one row I would like all references to column T to change to U and so on.

An offset formula might work, but then I would have to enter it individually for each IF statement correct?

Any easy method to switch all column references would also work, even if it doesn't change automatically as I drag the formula.

I am trying to avoid having to manually change every single column reference in the formula. Thanks!

"&" "&$B$4&" "&"include:"&" "&IF(IF(T$7="", "", T$7)&IF(T$8="", "", ", "&T$8)&IF(T$9="", "", ", "&T$9)&IF(T$10="", "", ", "&T$10)&IF(T$11="", "", ", "&T$11)&IF(T$12="", "", ", "&T$12)&IF(T$13="", "", ", "&T$13)&IF(T$14="", "", ", "&T$14)&IF(T$15="", "", ", "&T$15)&IF(T$16="", "", ", "&T$16)&IF(T$17="", "", ", "&T$17)&IF(T$28="", "", ", "&T$28)&IF(T$29="", "", ", "&T$29)&IF(T$30="", "", ", "&T$30)&IF(T$31="", "", ", "&T$31)&IF(T$32="", "", ", "&T$32)&IF(T$33="", "", ", "&T$33)&IF(T$34="", "", ", "&T$34)&IF(T$35="", "", ", "&T$35)&IF(T$36="", "", ", "&T$36)&IF(T$37="", "", ", "&T$37)&IF(T$38="", "", ", "&T$38)="", "None", IF(T$7="", "", T$7)&IF(T$8="", "", ", "&T$8)&IF(T$9="", "", ", "&T$9)&IF(T$10="", "", ", "&T$10)&IF(T$11="", "", ", "&T$11)&IF(T$12="", "", ", "&T$12)&IF(T$13="", "", ", "&T$13)&IF(T$14="", "", ", "&T$14)&IF(T$15="", "", ", "&T$15)&IF(T$16="", "", ", "&T$16)&IF(T$17="", "", ", "&T$17)&IF(T$28="", "", ", "&T$28)&IF(T$29="", "", ", "&T$29)&IF(T$30="", "", ", "&T$30)&IF(T$31="", "", ", "&T$31)&IF(T$32="", "", ", "&T$32)&IF(T$33="", "", ", "&T$33)&IF(T$34="", "", ", "&T$34)&IF(T$35="", "", ", "&T$35)&IF(T$36="", "", ", "&T$36)&IF(T$37="", "", ", "&T$37)&IF(T$38="", "", ", "&T$38))

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Any easy method to switch all column references would also work, even if it doesn't change automatically as I drag the formula.
You can use Search/Replace
Select the cell Ctrl+H Find T$ Replace U$

Upvote 0
@TacticalExcel, on which Row number will your results begin?

Also, you seem to be missing something at the beginning of your lengthy formula, since I see a solitary double-quote with the concatenating ampersand (&) after it to start things off; this doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back