Yahoo Finance api change?

sedgefield02

I use the yahoo financial api to download mutual fund prices each day. It has worked fine for months. Today I got

run time error 1004 application defined or object defined error

the apparent cause of the error is highlighted in bold below.

{ code
Set DataSheet = ActiveSheet
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="URL;" & qurl, Destination:=Range("BQ5"))
.BackgroundQuery = True
' .TablesOnlyFromHTML = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False '<---- cause of the bug 11/2/2017
.SaveData = True
End With

end code}

I know Yahoo will make changes without any notification. Does anyone have information on this?

That's why not being able to get it isn't a dealbreaker for me. As you correctly say, I know what it is so I can - and do - put it in manually but I'd rather not have to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
To be honest I'm rather confused about your requirement. You specify the stock symbol so you MUST know on which exchange it is traded.

I am pulling in prices from about 50 equities, all are on U.S. markets. I do not specify the market in my Symbol column, strictly the symbol only.

Upvote 0
My main reason for using it is to filter my shares by market so I can consider them in appropriate groups.

When I was using Yahoo, my number of ticker symbols went over the limit for the API so it started getting more complicated. There's no limit using this technique with google finance. I have such a large number of ticker, not because I have so many shares at any one time but rather because I keep various historical data of my activity and so I still need previously-used ticker symbols.

Upvote 0
Hi, and thanks for the response.

I did see this post but it appears to pull historical data and not the 15 minute delayed current price that I'm looking for.
Do you know how to retrieve this data?

rabbit, I tried to respond to your personal email but it seems I have no personal email space, and it would not let me reply.

Thanks, Bryn

Hey Bryn, sorry, I haven't found an api or url for 15 minute delay outside of GOOGLEFINANCE.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back