Cheat Sheet with variable and constant data

jana13

Good morning,

I am a beginner-to-intermediate Excel user, who has mainly learned on my own through books, online learning, and googling answers for problems, depending on the necessity of the job. My new boss just gave me an assignment to set up an update to a cheat sheet that is used by another department using both variable data from another file and also constants in other fields. I am not quite sure how to approach this problem, and would love some direction, as I continue my education in Excel.

1. I am not sure whether it would be better to compare value in one particular variable field (Projects) with the other file to see whether there are changes/adds/deletions to Projects list or whether it is just easier to tell it to somehow build a complete table each time from scratch using the variable fields and constant fields. Or is there a way to link to the other file so that if Projects is updated it will automatically update?

2. I am not sure of the best way to put in the constant data in the other fields once I have it put in the variable fields for Project.

Any assistance/guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to update my excel education as quickly as possible, but does take some time. New job is pushing my excel education to a higher level, which is great! I do not yet know VBA, but am learning it.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back