Is there any forma for this?

Smeen

Lets say we got 4 numbers :a% b% c% d% ...and we have a1 b1 c1 d1 that are changing when we change % from the beggining ..a1+b1+c1+d1=y ..my question is is there any way if i give y a value b% and c% to auto change ?

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
If you are trying to change the actual contents of a cell (by anything), that cannot be done with a formula, you would need VBA for that.

If, on the other hand, you want a range of cells, that already reference A1, B1, C1, D1, and have the cells in that range change their answers based on a %, then yes, a formula can do that for you.

A2=A1*(1+cell-with-%)

Upvote 0
If you are trying to change the actual contents of a cell (by anything), that cannot be done with a formula, you would need VBA for that.

If, on the other hand, you want a range of cells, that already reference A1, B1, C1, D1, and have the cells in that range change their answers based on a %, then yes, a formula can do that for you.

A2=A1*(1+cell-with-%)

Thx for the answer...i think i missed something in the problem..so a%+b%+c%+d%=100% a1=a% * number1...b1=b%* number2 and so on....lets say that after i add the numbers y= 80 and i actually want y = 79.5 by changing b% and c% ...it can be done by changing myself the % but i had to change them by 0.00x to be right..i was wondering if there was a simple formula in xcell for it..to be honest i never used VBA ...the problem itself is a bit more complicated because y in my case is a fraction between a1+b1+c1+d1/a2+b2+c2+d2...i wanted to explain the idea of what im trying to find...hope i got it this time

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back