Sunburst Chart and Scatter Plot in Excel 2013

Madraykin

Board Regular
Hi guys,

I haven’t been on here for a while but I’ve been tasked with creating two graphs from my data set which is really puzzling me.

Graph Number 1.
I have a selection of Groups with different numbers within them. So A for example contains 5,000, B contains 7,500, C contains 10,000, and so on and so forth. They will all be different whole numbers (the dataset at the moment goes from 8,000 to 57,000 and there are 9 groups.
What they want me to create is – from what I can tell – akin to a sunburst chart. Zero will be the centre of the circle, and for the radius of the wedges to vary as well as the partial diameter of the wedge – does that make sense?

Kind of like this: https://dqdzq01yr6ixf.cloudfront.ne.../10/Bildschirmfoto-2012-10-04-um-12.16.48.png

Is that achievable in Excel 2013?

Graph Number 2
This time it’s a scatter graph. I’m sure I’m being really stupid on this one, but I have the same groups and the same numbers within those groups, but now each of the groups also has a score between 1 and 5. I want the number to be along the X axis and the score up the Y axis and then to be able to have a single point where the two values intersect, then label those dots with the name of the group. I’ve tried it every which way I can remember (haven’t done scatter graphs for an age!) and can’t seem to make it do what I want it to do.

Any help appreciated, as always on here guys!

Mads

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi, I'm not going to follow your link, but I think what you call a sunburst chart might be what Excel calls a RADAR chart - it's there in the Insert Chart dialog box.

For Graph Number 2, it's difficult to give exact advice without seeing your data, but keep trying, it sounds as if you have everything you need create an Excel X Y Scatter chart.

Upvote 0
Hi Gerald. Many thanks for your reply. Sorry for worrying you with a link. Is there a way I can post an image in my thread? Can't seem to see an option on my phone. I had considered a radar but need to colour code the segments and can't see how this can be achieved? Am I being daft?

Upvote 0
Sunburst-Chart-07.png

Worked out how to do it I think! I need the segments to look like this but vary in radius, but they all need to still be a normal wedge shape?

Upvote 0
Hi!
I have a similar problem buth worked with month weeks and weekdays, as an annual cycle. How did you manage to make your chart?

Upvote 0
Haven't yet Morty - I'm still struggling with both charts in Excel 2013

In terms of the Scatter Plot I'm still having difficulty getting the two data points to plot together, my data looks like this:

TypePopScore
A01
A0252,0143
A0396,7864
A04100,2353

<tbody>
</tbody>

When I create the scatter plot Pop goes on to the Y Axis as I would like it to, but the X axis doesn't reflect the scoring system of 1-5 - every dot is plotted on the '1' line

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back