Commission Net Down Calculations Request

bamaguy

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out a formula so I can create a calculator for use in my business. I am trying to figure out the calculations needed to net down the commission and find the correct commission & premium amount. Example below:

I am the insurer.

I have quoted a piece of business to my broker for 100K Premium and providing 15% commission. I am due the net 85,000 and the broker keeps the 15,000 from the insured. Now the broker comes back and insists that the deal will not get closed unless it is at 90,000 or less. Can you help me create a set of formulas to calculate this based on inputting the PREMIUM amount and COMMISSION due to the broker?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. If the net and commission are calculated from the percentage, then the net would just be:

=90000*(1-.15)
or 76,500

and the commission is just:

=90000*.15
or 13,500.

But there could be other scenarios, like you could say that you can't perform your business for under 85,000, so if he wants the business he'll have to accept a 5,000 commission, and the rate could be calculated as 5000/90000, or 5.55%.

Let us know if you have a different scenario.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back