Excel Macro For e-mailing Prices

UnityB

Good morning all,

I was under the impression that if I recorded a macro using excel it would also record actions made in other Office programs, am I wrong?

I have seven different price bands which each have specific customers assigned to them. Currently I have to open up seven separate e-mail templates, C+P the up-to-date price band prices into each one and send them off to their contact groups.

I recorded a macro and assigned it to a button on the spreadsheet. This took me through the process of opening each e-mail template, C+P the prices from the spreadsheet to the table in the e-mail template and pressing send. I've run the macro this morning and it appears that any action I made in Outlook wasn't recorded, so the macro was a failure!

What have I missed, or is this something that simply isn't possible to automate?

As ever very appreciative for any and all help you can give me :)

Many thanks,

Rob

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hello, sadly Excel's macro recorder only captures actions performed within Excel. It is possible to automate Outlook using VBA code running in Excel, but you can't capture this process using a macro recorder; you need someone with knowledge of the Outlook object model to help you write the macro.

If you post details (and, if possible, screenshots) of how the worksheet is structured, how the e-mails are structured, and precisely what the macro needs to do, then someone should be able to help...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back