Fabric conversion

montypython

Hi guys, hope somebody can help

I need a formula to convert fabric weight to meters

So lets say the gsm is 80gsm, the width is 154cm weight is for arguments sake 900g

How would this be calculated into meters?

Hope you guys can help

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Re: Fabric coonversion

Welcome to the board.

Since I don't know squat about fabric weights, perhaps this site will help you to get your solution or perhaps help you to provide more information to us, on what calculations you would like to see in a formula or macro.

http://www.ginifab.com/feeds/ozyd2_gm2/

Upvote 0

I need a formula to convert fabric weight to meters

So lets say the gsm is 80gsm, the width is 154cm weight is for arguments sake 900g

How would this be calculated into meters?
You did not say what cells anything is in, so I'll layout the calculation for you and you will have to create the formula from that. The gsm dimension stands for gram per square meter... the fabric weight is 80gsm and you have 900 grams of material total, so you divide 80 into 900 to get 11.25 square meters of material total. Now your material is 154 cm wide which you would divide by 100 to convert it to meters and that division says your material is 1.54 meters wide. So, you have 11.25 square meters of material that is 1.54 meters wide... dividing the total square meters (11.25) by the width (1.54) would give you the length as 7.305195 which I guess would be rounded to 7.31 meters long.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

@Rick,

Nicely done, well put. This one was right in your wheelhouse.

Upvote 0

You did not say what cells anything is in, so I'll layout the calculation for you and you will have to create the formula from that. The gsm dimension stands for gram per square meter... the fabric weight is 80gsm and you have 900 grams of material total, so you divide 80 into 900 to get 11.25 square meters of material total. Now your material is 154 cm wide which you would divide by 100 to convert it to meters and that division says your material is 1.54 meters wide. So, you have 11.25 square meters of material that is 1.54 meters wide... dividing the total square meters (11.25) by the width (1.54) would give you the length as 7.305195 which I guess would be rounded to 7.31 meters long.

Thanks for the advice, Cells weren't really a problem, just needed a formula that could help with this, but now I am also looking for a formula to work out GSM, if that is at all possible?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back