Find multiple hits matching one criterion eg with index/match or vlookup etc - Page 2
Find multiple hits matching one criterion eg with index/match or vlookup etc
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Find multiple hits matching one criterion eg with index/match or vlookup etc

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Find multiple hits matching one criterion eg with index/match or vlookup etc

You are welcome , thank you for the feedbak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Default Re: Find multiple hits matching one criterion eg with index/match or vlookup etc

Quote Originally Posted by Son View Post
    Actually, it's a fixed list. So I just needed the F column in my exhibit to be filled with names (or G column in the above solution example).

Thanks for your input!!!
    In G2 control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH($F2,$A$2:$A$19,0)),INDEX($B$2:$B$19,SMALL(IF($A$2:$A$19=$F2,ROW($A$2:$A$19)-ROW($A$2)+1),COUNTIFS($F$2:F2,F2))),"")

Note 1. You don't need helper columns.
    Note 2. This formula is robust against inserting rows in front of the current first row.
    Assuming too much and qualifying too much are two faces of the same problem.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aladin Akyurek View Post
    In G2 control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH($F2,$A$2:$A$19,0)),INDEX($B$2:$B$19,SMALL(IF($A$2:$A$19=$F2,ROW($A$2:$A$19)-ROW($A$2)+1),COUNTIFS($F$2:F2,F2))),"")

Note 1. You don't need helper columns.
    Note 2. This formula is robust against inserting rows in front of the current first row.

Hi, thanks so much for posting this alternative way. I understand it's more robust, but I now see that it uses countifs. As I'm still using excel 2003, I believe I can't use countifs. The reason I'm still using excel 2003 is that excel 2010 and on, does not support the vba that it is written in the workbook, and I still haven't found a way to convert it to the 2010 version.

Anyway, I'm using Admiral's solution with one helper column and I'm having the job done, even if it takes a lot more work.

Thanks again for your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Hi, thanks so much for posting this alternative way. I understand it's more robust, but I now see that it uses countifs. As I'm still using excel 2003, I believe I can't use countifs. The reason I'm still using excel 2003 is that excel 2010 and on, does not support the vba that it is written in the workbook, and I still haven't found a way to convert it to the 2010 version.

Anyway, I'm using Admiral's solution with one helper column and I'm having the job done, even if it takes a lot more work.

Thanks again for your help!
    Just replace COUNTIFS with COUNTIF.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha it was... so... simple!!! It works perfectly!!! thank you!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

hahaha it was... so... simple!!! It works perfectly!!! thank you!!!!
    You are welcome.

User Tag List