VBA help with cusom report generating template

Obsidian

Hi, I hope some of the experts here will be able to help me with this problem, which I assume has something to do with the VBA. I have emailed the original author and tried to contact him via his website with this same question, but I have received no reply.

I found this very nice "report generating" template online that works great for the most part. The file is available on my GDrive at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gzDxaG4qumkncbKF_gWET5ljb9VGh9zl

Everything works perfectly until I get to the "Template" tab. As long as every field is directly on top of each other as in his sample template (C5, C6, C7, C8), it fills fine. However, if there is a blank row at any point (between Row 6 & 7 for example), it will then fill all fields after the blank row with whatever value went into C6, despite everything being mapped correctly.

I am utilizing a custom Template to itemize doctor pay, and the fields I need filled in are all over the place, the first might be in C7, the second in B12, the third in B13, the fourth in B20 etc, and there are numerous blank rows for spacing and clarity.

I have tried a number of workarounds, but I just have not been able to get it to fill in the fields with anything other than the first value before the first blank row. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back