Update only the sheet that matchs criteria set

mike rand

hello alll:

I have two workbooks
1 is called moneysheet
1 is called timesheets

the money sheet is used for workers to sign in
in the timesheet workbook i have many many sheets named Dec1,Dec2, Dec3,etc,etc
all these sheets have the same fomulas because they are copied directly from the sheet called master in the timesheet workbook.

all formulas in the timesheet workbook search the moneysheet workbook for an "x" in column a and copies the information on the timesheet from the cells to the right of the x into the timesheet cells corresponding.

all this works perfect,all formulas do exactally what i want and need them to do,

HERS MY PROBLEM

everytime i change the information in the monrysheet workbook,i save it and close it,when i open the timesheet workbook it asks if i want to update,i click yes. so what it does is update allllll sheeets cause they contain the same formulas. i need to have all sheets stay as they were and only have the one update that contains the exact match of date that i have in a specific cell on the moneysheet.

so in the top right hand corner of the money sheet i will insert the dat, on the sheet called dec1 in the timesheet workbook in a cell i specified with a formuls to take that date from the moneysheet. once i create a new sheet called dec2 i only want the update to happen to the new sheet and not alll the sheets in the workbook because i need to save the sheets for future reference.

wo i hope thats not toooo confusing.

thanks
Mike Rand

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I think that you will need one or more macros to do what you want. It is difficult to suggest a possible solution without knowing how your data is organized in both workbooks. Can you post screen shots of the sign-in sheet and of the time sheet? Explain in detail what you want to do using a few examples from your data referring to specific cells, ranges and sheets. Follow this link on how to post screen shots (Section B): https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html

Upvote 0
I think that you will need one or more macros to do what you want. It is difficult to suggest a possible solution without knowing how your data is organized in both workbooks. Can you post screen shots of the sign-in sheet and of the time sheet? Explain in detail what you want to do using a few examples from your data referring to specific cells, ranges and sheets. Follow this link on how to post screen shots (Section B): https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html

thanks for your reply, to put it as simple as i can All i need to do is have it only update one sheet when i open the workbook called timesheets. however right now its updating them all. i only want it to update the one with the date that matches the date in the moneysheet workbook.

thanks
Mike Rand

Upvote 0
There is a way using a macro to stop the links from updating when you open the workbook, but the only one I know of will prevent all links from updating. You want to disable the links in all sheets except one. There may be a way of doing this but I'm not aware of it. :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back