cell with fill colour not printing white text colour

bhodder

Hi All, long time reader first time posting

I have read a few other threads regarding similar issues to what lm experiencing but nothing is solving my issue though.

I have a spread sheet that l have just created from a blank brand new spread sheet.
Its set on a landscape A4 size piece of paper when printed.
The sheet has border lines on all the cells (to create a grid when it is printed for people to write in).
All cells are white with black borders except for the top row which is black coloured fill in the cells with white font centered in the cell with a white border around the top row of cells. Sheet has no macros or any other editing except for that top row and the borders.
When l print preview it shows it all correct with top row of black cells with white writing and white border but when l print it it just prints the whole sheet, but the top row doesn't show the white text?

I have seen a number of solutions to similar issues like changing the type of font, changing the font size but nothing is working even arranging the sheets to a tiled view (don't know how that has helped others but it has, l even tried it but no luck).

I have even tried where l leave the top row with no fill and black font and it works/prints fine but as soon as l change that top row to black fill with white font/white border it will show in print preview but then wont print the white font.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

-bhodder

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
What font size is your text in the top row? Are the letters bolded?
Some printers have trouble printing black (the cell fill) a very thin nothing (the white lettering) and then more black.

If you make the letters bigger and thicker it might help with the issue.

Upvote 0
What font size is your text in the top row? Are the letters bolded?
Some printers have trouble printing black (the cell fill) a very thin nothing (the white lettering) and then more black.

If you make the letters bigger and thicker it might help with the issue.

Thank for the reply mikerickson, I have this but no luck :( have tried a few different fonts with different sizes with bold and resized the top row of cells but no luck.

Im trying to look into see if there is somewhere in the setting default print text black maybe.

Upvote 0
I have just tried printing with the texted underlined in the top row of cells, when l printed it same thing happened again and didn't print the text but it did however print the white underline that is under the text.

Upvote 0
How are you specifying the font color? Using the ThemeColors chart? Have you tried setting the color to a custom super light grey, like RGB(254, 254, 254)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How are you specifying the font color? Using the ThemeColors chart? Have you tried setting the color to a custom super light grey, like RGB(254, 254, 254)

I have just been using the standard theme colours but have now tested with the custom RGB colour and still no luck. I used it on the text/font and border and interestingly enough the border goes missing as well as the underline on the words

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back