Dynamic Table from Dropdown Lists with Multiple Criteria

azza707

Hey guys,

I would love it if someone would be able to help me with this issue that I have, as I am struggling to wrap my around which Excel Functions I could use to achieve this... So basically I am setting up a Skills Matrix for our company. Across the top Row 1 all the different skills are listed, and down Column A all the positions within the business are listed.

Inside the cells of this matrix, a simple drop down option is provided to make a "Y" or a " - ".

On another sheet labelled "Appraisal" I am setting up another table. Up the top of the table a dropdown menu is available for someone to select from all the different positions. What I would then like to happen, is that when a position is selected, all the skills that are marked with a "Y" in the corresponding row will appear in a dynamic table below. Obviously as you select a different position from the dropdown menu, the table will update itself with the new set of skills relative to that position and etc.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am struggling! I understand how to set up dynamic dropdown lists with a solid set up data, but this a little past my knowledge so far.

Thanks in advance! :)

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back