Scan Barcode to excel for 3 times only

ygurram

Hi,
I am looking something similar to thread shown below.
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/672492-scan-barcode-excel-date-time-stamp-out.html.

I am looking for the similar code that hiker has provided in his reply #18 but My way of arranging cells is little different and I need to scan a particular Part number for only 3 times. As you can see below Part number(which needs to be scanned is in D column and cell starts from D3). 1st, 10th & Last are in columns G,H & I( this is where I need time stamps when scanned 3 times)
JOBDoes Part Match spec. sheetDoes part # match label?Part NumberIs PPE required for Part Number?What is the Country of Origin1st10thLast

<colgroup><col><col span="2"><col><col span="2"><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Hiker,

Please see below link to download workbook in xlsx format.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dep44kuaun8jbsx/VALD TRAIL.xlsx?dl=0

I have not used any Macros in this workbook except the formula written in reply#8 in Data validation.

Thanks
ygurram.

ygurram,

You have changed the worksheet format/layout several times.

And, now you do not want a macro???

I have examined your latest workbook, and, do not understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Maybe someone else on MrExcel will be able to help you.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Hiker,

Sorry to confuse you by changing the format/layout multiple times. I had to figure out what would be the best format to use.

I indeed want a macro but I don't have one. I want you to help me please.

As you can see in workbook Column 2 will be used for scanning the bar-code starting from B4.

Lets assume part number 12345678AA is scanned by selecting B4 manually at 12:01, once scanned I need both 12345678AA and time in target row starting from L4. After 1st scan, operator selects B4 again to scan 12345678AA at 12:30 and both 12345678AA will be in M4 . After 2nd scan, operator selects B4 again to scan 12345678AA at 13:0) and both 12345678AA will be in N4. Suppose operator selects B4 again to scan 12345678BA at 13:01 and both 12345678BA and 13:01 will be in O4.

Everytime they scan in it should add scanned part number and time stamp starting from column L.

Same applies for part number 12345678AB/AC/AD.....

Hope this clears!

Ygurram.

Upvote 0
ygurram,

When I started adding a macro to your latest workbook, and, tried to save it, I received the following message:

Microsoft Office Excel

Privacy warning: This document contains secured ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the Document Inspector.

OK Cancel

Someone else on MrExcel will have to help you.

Upvote 0
ygurram,

I downloaded your last workbook again, and, copied Sheet1 into a new workbook.

The Job Numbers in column A, beginning in cell A4 = 1, how far do the numbers go down?

Upvote 0
Hiker,

Sorry. I must have uploaded excel file from my work laptop.

The Job Numbers can go down to 500 starting from A4.

Thanks in advance.

Ygurram.

Upvote 0
ygurram,

I am not able to provide a macro solution in this thread.

Please see your other thread for a macro solution in this thread.

Upvote 0
ygurram,

On both of your threads/posts, I have clicked on the Report button, but, none of the Administrator's have corrected the problem.

Upvote 0
Good morning Hiker,

I am new to Mr.Excel. Do I need to start a new thread or can I share my email ID here so that you send the code?
Please advise.

ygurram

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KH Consulting

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back