dynamics with index or offset

dmheller

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
All,
This is in the pre planning stage but I want to know if I can do it before I move forward with it. I have to calculate emissions from a source, the source gets tested and the emission factor changes. I want a dynamic table with dates and factors and I want to know if there is an equation that I can say look up the date and the emission value and calculate it. I know index will look back if I put I -1 so that might be my best option. Any thoughts?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
You would use two sets of INDEX/MATCH functions to lookup the date and emission separately within the same formula, but I'm not sure what type of calculation would use a date and an emission value in the equation. In my experience, I usually keep the lookup functions just pulling in the values in separate columns, then have another column do the calculations for the sake of readability if I ever needed to fix the formulas. But, you can squeeze it all into a single formula under column constraints.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back