Array formula, multiple conditions, multiple results

lkndllsgrl

I am trying to find a formula that will return the data for corrective actions that are repeat issues that are within a date range. I have a summarty table that will contain the repeat issue data once it is pulled from my main table. So I need the formula to look at my main table (contains several years worth of data) and return results of those issues that are repeats for that fiscal year, as they occur. Simple, right?? :LOL:

Each column has something different that I need it to return, such as Date, CAR #, Part Number, and Problem Description. I am stuck. I tried a Vlookup, but that only returns one value, not all values that happen during the date range. This is not something that I can do with a filter, since the summary is on a different worksheet than my main table, and my main table contains much more data.

Any help with this would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hello lkndllsgrl,

If I understand your explanation correctly, you are wanting to search your main table between two selected dates (start date and end date: such as a fiscal year) then return certain values to a summary sheet.
Do you intend to use a criteria to base the search on, such as Car# or Part#?

I believe that using AutoFilter or Advanced Filter on the main table should work for you using a macro.

Just so that we have a better overall idea and have something to test with, could you please upload a sample of your workbook to a free file sharing site such as ge.tt or Drop Box and then post the link to your file back here. Please use dummy data in the sample and possibly place some notes on the file for ease of understanding.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0
Hello lkndllsgrl,

If I understand your explanation correctly, you are wanting to search your main table between two selected dates (start date and end date: such as a fiscal year) then return certain values to a summary sheet.
Do you intend to use a criteria to base the search on, such as Car# or Part#?

I believe that using AutoFilter or Advanced Filter on the main table should work for you using a macro.

Just so that we have a better overall idea and have something to test with, could you please upload a sample of your workbook to a free file sharing site such as ge.tt or Drop Box and then post the link to your file back here. Please use dummy data in the sample and possibly place some notes on the file for ease of understanding.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Unfortunately the company I work for does not allow macros. However, you are correct in your statement of what I am looking to search. The search criteria is Repeat Issue, which does not appear on the summary table. I will try to get a dummy table uploaded as time allows. Thank you for helping!

lkndllsgrl

Upvote 0
Hello lkndllsgrl,

The link that you supplied won't allow me to access the file. Please upload your file to a free file sharing site such as Drop Box or GE.TT and then post the link to your file back here.

Unfortunately the company I work for does not allow macros.

The obvious question here is: Why?
A formula to do as you wish would be long and complex and, dragged across and down as far as needed on the summary sheet, for a large data set as you have could bog the whole process down for many, many minutes whereas a VBA macro for this type of search would be quick and seamless.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
almerpogi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back