Filtering unrelated data

Ada339

Hi there,

I am in the the process of trying to find out (in the form of a formula so that i can have the number on another sheet) how many X's in column A there are when i am specifically looking at the Y's in column B.

every cell in these columns has a drop down option that has been linked from another page. not sure if that's relevant.

Please help!
Thank you!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Your question is not at all clear.

We need examples of how the data is laid out and where the solution is to appear. You can see your spreadsheet. We are blind to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thank you for your quick reply!

In column 'R' i have data that is either ABC 1, ABC 2, ABC 3 or ABC 4. each cell in column R is a drop down list to choose from ABC1-4 that is linked from another sheet using Data Validation. In Column 'S' I have a list of Assigned, Not Assigned, Less than 1 month, 1-3 months. Each cell in column S is also a list drop down.

i need to know how many Assigned's in column S have ABC 1 next to them in column R. i know i can filter and count but i am after a formula because i am summarising the data on another sheet of the document.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back