Trying to create a new Excel Macro for the first time.

Rashmi Shinde

Hi all,

I am very new to Excel Macros, I created a excel macro in three parts , the first 2 parts consist of font manipulation and data vlookup from another excel sheet, I am finding difficulty in the third part of my macro, its nothing by entering filters to one column and then entering particular data in an empty column so that later when the end user an enter pivot to the data.

So , the main issue that I am facing is the data may vary as per employee hire or Termination an due to this the macro may get stuck, can any one help me with the Macro, its simple entering Filter to one column and do a copy paste of data to another column.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
When I get stuck on syntax, I normally use the macro recorder to see how Excel writes it. Here is some syntax to get you moving:
Code:
Dim finalRow As Integer

finalRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

Range("A1").AutoFilter Field:=9, Criteria1:=""
Range("C2:C" & finalRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Destination:=Range("I1").Offset(1)
This bit of code sets the filter of column 9 to all blank cells. Then, it copies all values from column C to column I. Or, at least that is what it's supposed to do (untested).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back