Ranging Worksheets in an IF statement

LucasR

So basically i have 12 sheets and i need to sum the same cell on each sheet and total it on a summary sheet. but i only need to sum that cell IF there is a preset code entered.
the formula i am using to do this seems excessively long right now here is an example for one one cell is :" =IF(JANUARY!Q9=1100,SUM(JANUARY!R9),"0") " i have 10 cells that have 10 potential codes that need to be added and i have 5 time cards per sheet. as you can imagine this ends up being a very large formula. what i need to do is some how range this so i can cut down on space. i tried : " =IF(JANUARY:DECEMBER!Q9=1100,SUM(JANUARY:DECEMBER!R9),"0") " but this wont work. and i have not been able to find anything that does. i am curious if i can even have this done as a range because the formula above looks like it would theoretically read " if 1100 is seen anywhere between Jan - dece in Q9 then sum all the R9 cells in between " so that wouldn't work either.

Any comments and ideas for how to do what i want might help

thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Welcome to the board.

Excel's 3-D formulas are pretty limited. I'd love to see a 3-D SUMIF, but no such luck so far. This leaves us with some exotic array formulas we can try. For example, put the names of your sheets (JANUARY, FEBRUARY, etc.) in AA1:AA12 on your summary sheet. Then use this formula:

=SUM(IF(SUBTOTAL(9,INDIRECT(AA1:AA12&"!Q9"))=1100,SUBTOTAL(9,INDIRECT(AA1:AA12&"!R9"))))

and confirm it in the formula bar by pressing Control+Shift+Enter.

Upvote 0
Thanks!

Well i dont think i would have come up with that haha! thanks so much it works perfectly!

thanks a bunch!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back