Sumifs with SAPMember cells

derica

Hi,

Thanks for great support beforehand!

I am trying to do sumifs with two criteria and the other one is causing problems. My criteria range cells are in 'date format as in '2.12.2017.

How to refer to this kind of cells?

This is working as I write the criteria date to the formula, but I need it to be formula too. How to do it?

Works:

=SUMIFS('OB YTD'!$AD:$AD;'OB YTD'!$G:$G;">'30.11.2017";'OB YTD'!$B:$B;$C$69)

Wont work:
=SUMIFS('OB YTD'!$AD:$AD;'OB YTD'!$G:$G;">"&"C68";'OB YTD'!$B:$B;$C$69)
=SUMIFS('OB YTD'!$AD:$AD;'OB YTD'!$G:$G;">'&"C68";'OB YTD'!$B:$B;$C$69)
=SUMIFS('OB YTD'!$AD:$AD;'OB YTD'!$G:$G;">"&"'"&"C68";'OB YTD'!$B:$B;$C$69)
=SUMIFS('OB YTD'!$AD:$AD;'OB YTD'!$G:$G;">(EOMONTH(TODAY();-1))";'OB YTD'!$B:$B;$C$69)
=SUMIFS('OB YTD'!$AD:$AD;'OB YTD'!$G:$G;">'(EOMONTH(TODAY();-1))";'OB YTD'!$B:$B;$C$69)

Thanks for any support! :)

-Erica

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hi again,

I made and example file and the SUMPRODUCT worked, and now I can see that the problem is that in my data sheet, there are couple days that are # and therefore the formula does not give any values.

I dont want to change or delete these figures, so what kind of formula would you suggest?

Thank you for your help! Super helpful! :)

Upvote 0
the problem is that in my data sheet, there are couple days that are # and therefore the formula does not give any values.

Hi, I'm sorry - I don't understand what you mean? What is in the cells that relate to these "couple of days", what column are they and how do they prevent the suggested formula from working?

Upvote 0
Hi,

sorry for not being clear. So in column G we have the dates that we are referring: =SUMPRODUCT(--('OB YTD'!B3:B405=C69);--(--'OB YTD'!G3:G405>C68);'OB YTD'!AD3:AD405)

G-column:
#

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

And the formula only works if all the dates are in date format. Now when one of the days is "#" formula gives "#VALUE!".

Is there any way around? Thank you a lot!

Upvote 0
And the formula only works if all the dates are in date format. Now when one of the days is "#" formula gives "#VALUE!".

that didnt work either, gave the value 0.

Hi, so the formula is no longer returning the value of zero :confused:

Is there any way around?

Assuming it's only text dates, blanks and # in the column, you can try:

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--('OB YTD'!B3:B405=C69);--(--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(G3:G405&" 0:";"# ";"0:"))>C68);'OB YTD'!AD3:AD405)

Upvote 0
We are getting there... :)

Now the formula is returning #VALUE !, but if I put

=(SUMPRODUCT(--('OB YTD'!B3:B405=C69);--(--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE('OB YTD'!G3:G405;"#";"0:"))>C68);'OB YTD'!AD3:AD405)) it gives the right value!! :)

Now only problem is, that with this data we dont have blanks, and if we would, it gives #VALUE !

For example this gives #VALUE !:

=(SUMPRODUCT(--('OB YTD'!B3:B1000=C69);--(--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE('OB YTD'!G3:G1000;"#";"0:"))>C68);'OB YTD'!AD3:AD1000)) because the cells after row 405 are blanks (in this example)

Upvote 0
I see now that I missed the sheet reference, it should have been.

Rich (BB code):
=SUMPRODUCT(--('OB YTD'!B3:B405=C69);--(--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE('OB YTD'!G3:G405&" 0:";"# ";"0:"))>C68);'OB YTD'!AD3:AD405)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back