Godders199

Office Version
  1. 2013
Hello, I have written this maybe basic code, to filter a sheet by criteria selected in 3 cells, this works fine, however rather than go to a blank sheet with just the head rows when there are no cases, i would prefer a msg box to just say, "no matches , change criteria and search again" I have copied various codes i have found but not got any to work. Do i need to change my existing code? or is there something i can just add on the end.

With Sheets("cases available ").Range("a:ab")
If ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode Then ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.ShowAllData
.AutoFilter Field:=8, Criteria1:=Sheets("instructions ").Range("c23").Value, Operator:=xlFilterValues
.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:=Sheets("instructions ").Range("c35").Value, Operator:=xlFilterValues
.AutoFilter Field:=27, Criteria1:="=*" & Sheets("instructions ").Range("c26") & "*", Operator:=xlFilterValues
End With
Sheets("cases available ").Select

Any help as always appreciated.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
What row is the autofilter on?

Upvote 0
Untested, but try
Code:
.AutoFilter Field:=8, Criteria1:=Sheets("instructions ").Range("c23").Value, Operator:=xlFilterValues
.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:=Sheets("instructions ").Range("c35").Value, Operator:=xlFilterValues
.AutoFilter Field:=27, Criteria1:="=*" & Sheets("instructions ").Range("c26") & "*", Operator:=xlFilterValues
End With
[COLOR=#0000ff]If Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlVisible).Count = 1 Then
   MsgBox "No matches"
   Exit Sub
End If[/COLOR]

Upvote 0
Thanks, I changed "a1" to E1 as column A does contain some blanks, column E will always have data. however Message box always shows even if the return is not zero . Is this because my marco Button is on the instructions tab, therefore it is looking at E1 on this tab, or is it looking at the cases available tab?

End With

If Range("e1").SpecialCells(xlVisible).Count = 1 Then
MsgBox "No matches"
Exit Sub
End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
Is this because my marco Button is on the instructions tab, therefore it is looking at E1 on this tab
Yes that's correct. Try this instead
Code:
End With
If Sheets("cases available ").Range("E1").SpecialCells(xlVisible).Count = 1 Then
   MsgBox "No matches"
   Exit Sub
End If

Upvote 0
HI, this returns this error. RUntime errro 6, Overflow
when i debug the following line is highlighted

If Sheets("cases available ").Range("a1").SpecialCells(xlVisible).Count = 1 Then

the autofilter has returned 5 results

Upvote 0
OK, how about
Code:
Dim Usdrws As Long
Usdrws = Sheets("cases available ").Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).row

End With
If Sheets("cases available ").Range("E1:E" & Usdrws).SpecialCells(xlVisible).Count = 1 Then
   MsgBox "No matches"
   Exit Sub
End If

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spenstar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back