Vlookup Hlook up combo?

pooadrid

I am working with two different workbooks, ive done both h look up v look up and a bunch of other formulas.

my goal is to get certain info from one sheet to another sheet. in order to reduce the duplicate task of hand entry.
firstly...column headers G5 and H5 are the same name....but i dont know because the name header should appear twice (because it has to)
it becomes header1 and header2. is this a problem?

my main focus is this...i need the information from O11 to pop into another wookbook at c20 on the second workbook which is the 2nd image i uploaded.

i would need to use Workbook2(2nd image) A21 to look into Workbook1(1st image) and then locate B2 from workbook2(2nd image) on the row that Workbook A21 is on and provide the total from the column.

im not even sure i am explaining this correctly.

at best, i need to find echols carson 1 from the second image on the 1st image,
then i need it to find isfw-421 total(which is o11 on the 1st image)
and the result should appear in c20.

i just need it to work once lol...

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
firstly...column headers G5 and H5 are the same name..

do you mean G5 on sheet 1 workbook 1 and H5 on sheet 1 of workbook 2 ?

Upvote 0

the left side is workbook1 and the right side is workbook 2

i need workbook 2 to use workbook 1 to locate the answer on workbook 1. the criteria is Echols Carson 1 and isfw-421. the reason this shows up twice on workbook 1, is because
the cells are in a table. and the headers cannot be named the same thing...i might be able to fix that but i just need this working for now

Upvote 0
Ok this is a pretty simple solution I can give you, except for the fact you have two columns named the same. Why is that? Ideally you'll want to change the name on one of them--- excel has no way to figure out which column you need to use to actually pull the data from otherwise...it will typically use the first column...

Is the data always coming from the second of the two same named columns(Column O)? If so I can devise a solution to just start for the back and work its way forward until it finds the right column

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back