Linking Data from Multiple Sheets

el bosco

Hello all.

I am working on a project in excel and, rather quickly, what I want to accomplish has surpassed my skill set. So I have two sheets (Sheets 1 and 2) within a workbook, arranging inventory items by category, and then I want to compile all of this information in an additional sheet (Sheet 3). The difficulty I am encountering is that if I make a change in either sheet 1 or 2, I need that to be reflected in sheet 3. For example, one of my columns is Price. I can link the values from one sheet just fine, so that if I change a price or add an item this is updated on sheet three but I cannot figure out how do this for 2 or more sheets while continuing to have the values translate into one column on sheet 3.

I hope this is clear, but if not I can attempt to provide more concrete examples.

Thanks so much.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
There shouldn't be any issues with linking multiple sheets. If you put up an example, screenshot, or example table with format, I can help you with this.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply!

Sheet1 looks something like this

Item
Serial NumberCost
TouringYA17B0254862199
Touring 2
YA17B025489729
Gravel
YA17B025485
Gravel 2YA17B025480959
Gravel 3YA17B025475699

<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

And sheet2 basically the same, but all of the sheets are grouped by category so :

ItemSerial NumberSelling Price
HabitCM17C0152992600
Trail 1CM17C015297600
Trail 2CM17C015298500
Trail 3CM17C015294440
Trail 4CM17C0152921299

<colgroup><col style="width:48pt" width="64"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3547;width:73pt" width="97"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3035;width:62pt" width="83"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

What I need is to aggregate these all into Sheet3 so that all the prices, for example, show up in one column as a total list of inventory, but also so that it continuously updates. If I were to add an item into either Sheets 1 or 2, then it appears in Sheet3.

Hope that is what you need.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back