VBA to perform calculation and insert calculated values in a range

asad

Hello Guys,

I am trying to get this line of code
Code:
 Range("D15:D30").Value = WorksheetFunction.IF(OR(B15="Vacant",B15=""),"",IFERROR(INDEX('Roster Export'!$B$1:$B$1500,MATCH($C15&D$3,('Roster Export'!$AP$1:$AP$1500)*1&'Roster Export'!$D$1:$D$1500,0)),IF(OR((('Leave from TT'!$C$2:$C$500)*1=$C15)*('Leave from TT'!$A$2:$A$500<=D$3)*('Leave from TT'!$B$2:$B$500>=D$3)),"Leave","OFF")))
to calculate values and insert those values in the range. How can I do this? Is this even possible?
The formula in the line above is an Array formula that I using in my file. The problem is that the file is too big with many tabs and many ranges use same and/or similar array formulas to calculate. This has made the file painfully slow.
I was thinking if VBA could do those calculations in the background and insert values in the ranges, that will make the file faster. Wouldn't it?

Thanks for looking at it.

Asad

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Try it like this. Make sure it is all on one line, I don't think you can wrap the formula with Underscores ( _ ).
I returns #NAME ? on my sheet because I have none of the sheets named in the formula.

Howard

Code:
Sub My_Formula()
 With Range("D15:D30")
  .Formula = "=WorksheetFunction.IF(OR(B15=""Vacant"",B15=""""),"""",IFERROR(INDEX('Roster Export'!$B$1:$B$1500,MATCH($C15&D$3,('Roster Export'!$AP$1:$AP$1500)*1&'Roster Export'!$D$1:$D$1500,0)),IF(OR((('Leave from TT'!$C$2:$C$500)*1=$C15)*('Leave from TT'!$A$2:$A$500<=D$3)*('Leave from TT'!$B$2:$B$500>=D$3)),""Leave"",""OFF"")))"
  .Value = .Value
 End With

End Sub

The above is somewhat confusing, the code should look like this.

Code:
Sub My_Formula()

.Formula = "= The very long formula"
  .Value = .Value
 End With

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is doing the same for me too.
Instead of getting values, I am also getting #NAME ?

The same formula is giving me the correct values in other cells. So what could be wrong?
It's not as if any other worksheets are missing. If I am getting answers in other cells, I should get the same result. :confused:

Upvote 0
Is it because the actual formula is an array formula entered with ctrl+shift+enter and the code is entering it as a normal formula?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is the actual formula I have used to test the VBA. I shortened the formula a little bit because the last part of the formula was not relevant for this testing.
Code:
With Range("D15:D30")  .Formula = "=WorksheetFunction.IF(OR(B15=""Vacant"",B15=""""),"""",INDEX('Roster Export'!$B$1:$B$1500,MATCH($C15&D$3,('Roster Export'!$AP$1:$AP$1500)*1&'Roster Export'!$D$1:$D$1500,0)))"
  .Value = .Value
 End With

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried the same code but without "WorksheetFunction." part.
Now it gave me "#N/A"

Upvote 0
And sorry I missed one part, I had to change .Formula to .FormulaArray before I got "#N/A". Without array part, I got #Value for two top cells and the rest #N/A.

Upvote 0
Finally Worked it out.
The trick was to use relative reference in Array formula.
So this code worked for me
Code:
Sub Rotation_C()

Dim lr As Long
 For lr = 15 To 30
  Range("D" & lr).FormulaArray = "=IF(OR($B" & lr & "=""Vacant"",$B" & lr & "=""""),"""",INDEX('Roster Export'!$B$1:$B$1500,MATCH($C" & lr & "&D$3,('Roster Export'!$AP$1:$AP$1500)*1&'Roster Export'!$D$1:$D$1500,0)))"
 Next lr
.Value = .Value
End With

End Sub

Thanks for all your help and guidance.
Asad

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back