Populate 5 adjacent cells based on matching a unique identifier on one sheet with another sheet

Josephine77

Hi I have basic knowledge, using Excel 2010.

I want to match/look up a cell value on one sheet with a unique identifier data on second sheet, and then populate on the first sheet 5 adjacent cells which are immediately to the right of the unique identifier on the second sheet.

I have a lot rows so was hoping to click a button which pastes the formula from the first row to the last the first sheet!

loosing the will here, any help massively appreciated?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I would need a bit more info, how does you date look and how is suppose to look like?

Upvote 0
if you already have the values and the other five then at the basic vlookup, provided the list is sorted

Upvote 0
if you already have the values and the other five then at the basic vlookup, provided the list is sorted

Hi thanks for this. Which list sorted? the unique identifier list? What sort of sorted?

The VLOOKUP always takes the cells from the first line of the array and the formula wont just copy down for all the rows I need populating?

Upvote 0
Hi

I have a sample data spreadsheet, with several columns, and for each row I created a reference by combining the columns to match to the unique identifier list (which has a reference created in exact same way), and want to populate the sample list with the 5 cells adjacent to the unique identifier ,where it matches. So the sample data may have multiple rows that match the unique identifier list.

Upvote 0
I have a lot rows so was hoping to click a button which pastes the formula from the first row to the last the first sheet!
Enter your formula in the first row & then double click the little square in the bottom right hand corner of the cell

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back