Countifs with Dynamic data on Google sheet

asolopreneur

Platform
  1. Windows
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u2sRu7MLGYJ0aYQUEnVLED3iR7rCHqW1z0RCJEosmlI/edit?usp=sharing

I have list of sales person who works in various regions. I've fetched number of calls they did on particular date but I don't want to change formulas daily. How can I use offset countif to count how many calls particular sales person did?

How can I use whole sheet as a range to fetch the number of calls?

Can I use array formula to include whole sheet as a reference?

Please click on Google sheet link you can edit as you want.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
This should do it...

=
counta(filter('Regions & Calls'!$D:$D,'Regions & Calls'!$D:$D=B$1, 'Regions & Calls'!$E:$E=$A2))

I've put this on range B9 down on your sheet.

Upvote 0
Odd, try this

=countifs('Regions & Calls'!$F$2:$F, B$1, 'Regions & Calls'!$G$2:$G, $A2)

You don't need to define the end of a range in google sheets.

Upvote 0
The "Regions & Calls" Data will be dynamic, it will change daily. So I don't want to edit formulas on
"Salesman" Sheet.

I want to create a dashboard where I can see number of calls done by sales persons. I also want to know how many days ago the calls were made.

Thanks
Odd, try this

=countifs('Regions & Calls'!$F$2:$F,B$1,'Regions & Calls'!$G$2:$G,$A2)

You don't need to define the end of a range in google sheets.

Upvote 0
Try

=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$D:$K), 2)=0)*('Regions & Calls'!$D:$K=B$1)*(MOD(COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$E:$L), 2)=1)*('Regions & Calls'!$E:$L=$A2))

D should be the first column of dates, change the K column reference to cover you as far as you will go
E should be the first column of names, careful when changing this as it must finish one column to the right of the date range end (i.e D:K E:L, D:Z E:AA etc)

Upvote 0
Try

=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$D:$K),2)=0)*('Regions & Calls'!$D:$K=B$1)*(MOD(COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$E:$L),2)=1)*('Regions & Calls'!$E:$L=$A2))

D should be the first column of dates, change the K column reference to cover you as far as you will go
E should be the first column of names, careful when changing this as it must finish one column to the right of the date range end (i.e D:K E:L, D:Z E:AA etc)

1. You need to robustify this GS (Google Sheets) formula...

=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$D:$K)-COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$D:$D), 2)=0)*('Regions & Calls'!$D:$K=B$1)*(MOD(COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$E:$L)-COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$E:$E), 2)=0)*('Regions & Calls'!$E:$L=$A2))

This can be shortened to just:

=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$D:$K)-COLUMN('Regions & Calls'!$D:$D), 2)=0)*('Regions & Calls'!$D:$K=B$1)*('Regions & Calls'!$E:$L=$A2))

2. It looks like the Google Sheets performance is way superior to the MS Excel performance with whole column references.

Upvote 0
Thank you Aladin (y)

The performance difference may be down to the default rows, Google Sheets will open with just 1000 rows. The app specifications mean a basic sheet can't be as large as an Excel sheet, although there should be plenty of space for average use.

Incidentally you can exclude parts of a full column reference in GSheets, A20:A is a perfectly valid range to put in a formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back