Problem with Conditional Formats and Table Format in Excel 2k7

Michael Kensy

Dear all

I developed a quite complex (at least for me) Excel sheet to document, anlyse and control processes. Right now the Sheet reaches to column ABY and stretches over about 400 rows. We are planning to expand this even further Let me know if I should post a sample of the sheet structure here.

Due to the complexity it seems it is not possible to apply any table format. This might be because the table does have 3 to 4 header rows.
The reason why i would like to is, that over weeks we need to insert new rows at different ares of the sheet, not only at the bottom and I woule like formulas to be autofilled. That doesnt happen right now. A solution might be to limit the headers to one row only and to separate the other rows with an empty row which might be hide but may be there are other solutions.
The second problem is probably also related to inserting rows. I defined various Conditional Formats which applz to several separat areas. What I mean by this is that the Apply reference looks like A1:B400, D1:E400, G1:H400 and so on. During our work it happens again and again that these references get in a mess although my colleagues promise that they dont use the standard paste but Paste Values. If so why CFs get messed up?

Does anyone have any ideas regarding above two problems?
--
Regards Michael

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Two things

the headers you use are they merged, in which case change each to centre across seelction

try changing your CF to A:B / D:E as complete columns (test on a a copy). They other way is to create code and remove / reapply formats every so often

Upvote 0
Thank you Mole, for both explanations. Especially to apply the CF over entire columns seems promising.
--
Cheers Michael

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back