Pace MTD with Holidays

Erkjerk

Hi,

I have a pace set up for our sales department. The formula I have in place is =E1/DAY(TODAY())*31 for January.

Of course we were closed for the 1st so now my pace is off because it is thinking we have worked everyday but really we were off for the 1st. Any idea how I correct it so it subtracts the 1st so the pace is correct? I was also thinking how I would fix it if it is December as well and we miss christmas eve and day. Thanks for the help!

-E

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Have you thought about using the NETWORKDAYS function? I posted this image on my blog over 7 years ago so please forgive the outdated appearance, but the function's concept is still the same. See if it works for you by plugging in your dates for any month, after you enter and reference the range of dates that your business is closed for holidays.

NETWORKDAYS_Example.png

Upvote 0
Have you thought about using the NETWORKDAYS function? I posted this image on my blog over 7 years ago so please forgive the outdated appearance, but the function's concept is still the same. See if it works for you by plugging in your dates for any month, after you enter and reference the range of dates that your business is closed for holidays.

NETWORKDAYS_Example.png

Still unsure how to add the pace formula with the networkdays command. My current one is =E1/DAY(TODAY())*31. Just unsure how to tie that command with it.

Upvote 0
Nevermind, I got it working now. I just subtracted 1 from the today and it paced correctly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back