Spliting of Ranges of numbers

sandeshprasad

Hi There!

I have set of number ranges e.g 7100 to 7399, 5202 to 5249 etc. I would like to have these ranges split in with each number. For e.g. from the range 7100 to 7399 I would like to have the numbers to split like 7100, 7101, 7102, 7103........7399 Can somebody please help me with this?

Regards,
Sandesh Prasad

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Welcome to the Board!

Please explain where these values/ranges appear on your sheet, and where you want all the "split" terms listed.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Please explain where these values/ranges appear on your sheet, and where you want all the "split" terms listed.

These ranges are there on one of my worksheet and I just want to expand/split these series on the same file.

Upvote 0
Basically I want to expand the series and there are more than 600 ranges which I have to expand/split into the numbers as shown in my previous comment.

Upvote 0
I have set of number ranges e.g 7100 to 7399, 5202 to 5249 etc
Is that how they are shown in the cells (with the word "to" between them)? If not, show us what the cell value looks like.

Is each range in its own cell or do you have multiple sets of numbers within the same cell? If so, what is between them, a comma? Again, showing us what is in the cell would be better than describing it in words.

These ranges are there on one of my worksheet and I just want to expand/split these series on the same file.
What is the starting cell for your list (perhaps A1)?

Basically I want to expand the series and there are more than 600 ranges which I have to expand/split into the numbers as shown in my previous comment.
Expand to where? What starting cell? Is each split out number to go into its own cell? Which direction should the split out numbers go in (down a column or across a row)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are ranges like "7100 - 7399" and I want all the numbers within this ranges to be listed out separately. My expected output would like 7100, 7101, 7102, 7103.... till 7399.
Likewise, I have more than 600 ranges like 5944 - 5963, 3321 - 3399 etc. The data is simply there in Excel file.

Upvote 0
You are still not giving us what we are asking for.
If you only provide a very generic description, there is a good chance that the answer you receive will not work exactly the way you want it to. So unless you are comfortable with making the proper adjustments yourself, it is important to post a good, detailed explanation of your problem. So help us to help you!

There is a thread here which gives some guidelines on asking good questions: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html

Let's work through an example.
Please answer all these questions completely:
1. What cell address does your first range appear in?
2. Exactly where on your sheet (give addresses) do you want the split numbers to appear?
Are you going down a column, across a row, on a separate page, etc?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back