Macro/VBA to create new worksheets from master

jkbrannan

Hello,

I'm trying to write a macro to automatically create a new worksheet every time a new row of data is added to my master tab. My master tab has 17 columns of data (name, date, division, claim #, location, etc.) I would like this information to populate to a new worksheet with all of the headers in the first Column A, Rows 1-17 and all of the data in Column B, Rows 1-17. Each time someone enters a new row of information on the master tab, I'd like a way to run the macro and create another new worksheet. Is there a way to make this happen? I've written a macro to create the new worksheet but it only works once, I cannot get it to work with additional rows of information. Thank you for the help!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
U can trial this code. U need to add the row first then run this code. HTH. Dave
Code:
Sub test()
Dim Lastrow As Integer, ws As Worksheet, ShtName As String
'copies range A1:Q & lastrow from Master sheet to new sheet name Row(n) ie. Row 17
'***add row then
With Sheets("Master")
Lastrow = .Range("A" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
End With
ShtName = "Row " & CStr(Lastrow)
With ThisWorkbook
.Sheets.Add(After:=.Sheets(.Sheets.Count)).Name = ShtName
End With
Sheets("Master").Range(Sheets("Master").Cells(1, "A"), Sheets("Master").Cells(Lastrow, 17)).Copy _
Destination:=ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ShtName).Range("A1")
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub
ps Welcome to the Board!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you! This is close. But when I add a second, third, etc. row of data and run the code, it copies all of the rows' info to a new tab. I need only the second row of info on the second tab, only the third row on the third tab, etc. Does that make sense? I appreciate the help!

U can trial this code. U need to add the row first then run this code. HTH. Dave
Code:
Sub test()
Dim Lastrow As Integer, ws As Worksheet, ShtName As String
'copies range A1:Q & lastrow from Master sheet to new sheet name Row(n) ie. Row 17
'***add row then
With Sheets("Master")
End With
With ThisWorkbook
End With
Sheets("Master").Range(Sheets("Master").Cells(1, "A"), Sheets("Master").Cells(Lastrow, 17)).Copy _
Destination:=ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ShtName).Range("A1")
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub
ps Welcome to the Board!

Upvote 0
That's actually what it was supposed to do. Success but failure. Anyways, so where do you want to put this row in every new tab? How are U adding new rows? Dave

Upvote 0
Ideally, I want the info from each row to be reformatted in the new tab. So in the master tab, each of these categories in a column. But in the new tab, I want the categories to be in rows, column A with the answers in column B, like below. People are just keying in the information in the master tab, the rows already exist. So I would put in a command button to run the macro after someone keys in new info. Thanks!

Claim #: 5555-5555
Date: 1/1/18
Division: ABC123
Employee: J. Doe
Injury/Illness: sprained lower back
300 Log: Y
Lost Days: 0
Restricted Days: 0
Injury Type: Pulls, Strains, Sprains
Location (1): Electrical Room
Location (2): Anytown, USA
Supervisor: J. Smith
Severity: Medical Treatment

That's actually what it was supposed to do. Success but failure. Anyways, so where do you want to put this row in every new tab? How are U adding new rows? Dave

Upvote 0
I think there are only 14 things listed above... I thought there was 17. U can change the 17 in the code to whatever. It will take the header and the lastrow from master sheet, make a new sheet named by the row number and transpose the data to A1:B17 of the new sheet. I really don't like generating new sheets and putting only a small amount of data in them. Your file size will keep getting unnecessarily large and code execution will probably slow and/or crash. Anyways, this seems to do what U want. Dave
Code:
Option Explicit
Sub test()
Dim Lastrow As Integer, ws As Worksheet, Sht As Worksheet, ShtName As String, Cnt As Integer
'copies range A1:Q1 and A(N):Q(N) from Master sheet to new sheet name ie.Row(n)at A1:B17
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
With Sheets("Master")
End With
For Each Sht In Worksheets
If ShtName = Sht.Name Then
Sheets(ShtName).Delete
Exit For
End If
Next Sht
With ThisWorkbook
End With
For Cnt = 1 To 17
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ShtName).Cells(Cnt, 1) = Sheets("Master").Cells(1, Cnt)
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ShtName).Cells(Cnt, 2) = Sheets("Master").Cells(Lastrow, Cnt)
Next Cnt
Sheets("Master").Select
End Sub

Upvote 0
Another option
Code:
Sub CopyRow()

Dim UsdRws As Long
   Dim SrcWs As Worksheet

With Sheets("[COLOR=#ff0000]Info[/COLOR]")
      UsdRws = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
      Sheets.Add(, Sheets(Sheets.Count)).Name = "Row " & UsdRws
      .Range("A1:B17").Copy Range("A1")
      .Rows(UsdRws).Copy Range("A18")
   End With

End Sub
Change sheet name in red to suit

Upvote 0
This has been a huge help! Thanks so much!

I think there are only 14 things listed above... I thought there was 17. U can change the 17 in the code to whatever. It will take the header and the lastrow from master sheet, make a new sheet named by the row number and transpose the data to A1:B17 of the new sheet. I really don't like generating new sheets and putting only a small amount of data in them. Your file size will keep getting unnecessarily large and code execution will probably slow and/or crash. Anyways, this seems to do what U want. Dave
Code:
Option Explicit
Sub test()
Dim Lastrow As Integer, ws As Worksheet, Sht As Worksheet, ShtName As String, Cnt As Integer
'copies range A1:Q1 and A(N):Q(N) from Master sheet to new sheet name ie.Row(n)at A1:B17
With Sheets("Master")
End With
For Each Sht In Worksheets
If ShtName = Sht.Name Then
Sheets(ShtName).Delete
Exit For
End If
Next Sht
With ThisWorkbook
End With
For Cnt = 1 To 17
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ShtName).Cells(Cnt, 1) = Sheets("Master").Cells(1, Cnt)
ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ShtName).Cells(Cnt, 2) = Sheets("Master").Cells(Lastrow, Cnt)
Next Cnt
Sheets("Master").Select
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back