Enlarging x-axis scale in already "working" diagramm

nova_sweet

Hello!

I have a diagramm in which the x-axis gets its scale from another sheet (=sheet3!$A$3:$A$74). In the diagramm that shows like weeknumber (18 19 20 and so on). Now I need to put in 6 more weeks and changed to =sheet3!$A$3:$A$80, but the diagramm will not extend the weeknumbers.

I am not that familiar with diagrams in Excel, the rest of the workbook works fine with the diagramm.

Is it possible I am totally missing something or is it not possible to do what I want from Excel?

Best regards!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Forgot to mention: the original diagram is made in Excel 2003. I converted it into 2016. If that is of any importance?

Upvote 0
What kind of chart is it? Did you extend the Y values as well? Are there other series in the chart?

Upvote 0
Hello Jon,

thanks for your reply. It is a diagram based on a whole workbook, different sorts of sheets/values, 2 y-axis, one x-axis.

Thing is, I gave up yesterday and rebuilt the diagram itself from scratch with Excel 2016 (using the old one as a sort of reference) and suddenly, it worked as I wanted.
I am not an expert, but I guess it was a konvertion-problem. from 2003 to 2016, the rest of the workbook was fine, except the diagram?

Best regards,
nova_sweet

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back