Lookup Help

DRExcel515

Board Regular
I have a tab in a spreadsheet that each month gets a brand new dump of data for 3 different mutual funds. For the month ending 11.30.17 the total number of holdings for all 3 funds was 533 and for 12.31.17 was 544 (they are listed in order... so all of one funds holdings are from say row 2-100, then fund 3 and so on all the way down). My point is that the total number of individual holdings and total rows of data changes each month.

I have separate tabs for each of the 3 funds that each month I make a copy of the tab and copy and paste the new set of holdings into the respective funds new month end tab. What I'd love to be able to do is have a formula that somehow goes into the tab that gets the new holdings for each fund dumped in every month and somehow pulls over the correct list of holdings for that fund (even if say one month one of the funds has 100 holdings and ends on row 100 and the next month has 88 holdings and ends on row 88). The example below is say where I would dump the holdings for the 3 funds each month. There are 3 separate tabs (one for each fund that would need to find all the holdings for each fund. Any help would be much appreciated:)

Fund CodeHolding
CROHolding A
CROHolding B
CROHolding C
CROHolding D
ICOHolding A
ICOHolding B
ICOHolding C
ICOHolding D
ICOHolding E
NPTHolding A
NPTHolding B
NPTHolding C
NPTHolding D

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
In order to make a formula, we would have to know what the names of the tabs are, and what columns all the information is in, and where they are going.
( More info may be needed as well )

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back