SUMIFS with Multiple Criteria not working

sharon9999

Hi

Please can you help.....

I am trying to sum multiple criteria with 3 different columns on another sheet.
My formula is =SUM(SUMIFS(Report!G:G,Report!G:G,"<0",Report!D:D,"BAC",Report!F:F,"Cancelled ",Report!F:F,"Required",Report!F:F,"Moved"))
I want it to sum column G for negative values, with the BAC criteria only in column D and return any negative values associated to Cancelled, Required and Moved only.

Hope this makes sense :)

Thanks in Advance.

SC

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
My formula is =SUM(SUMIFS(Report!G:G,Report!G:G,"<0",Report!D:D,"BAC",Report!F:F,"Cancelled ",Report!F:F,"Required",Report!F:F,"Moved"))

Hi, you could try like this instead:

=SUM(SUMIFS(Report!G:G,Report!G:G,"<0",Report!D:D,"BAC",Report!F:F,{"Cancelled","Required","Moved"}))

Upvote 0
does this work with COUNTIFS, do you know?

Hi, yes - it's the exactly the same principle. When converting your SUMIFS() to COUNTIFS() you obviously remove the sum_range argument.

Upvote 0
Hi,
The formula is excellent:
=SUM(SUMIFS(Report!G:G,Report!G:G,"<0",Report!D:D,"BAC",Report!F:F,{"Cancelled","Required","Moved"}))
Question:
Can I have cells inside the array, for example something like {D1, D2, D3}?
Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Can I have cells inside the array, for example something like {D1, D2, D3}?

Hi, yes - you can try like this, for example:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(Report!G:G,Report!G:G,"<0",Report!D:D,"BAC",Report!F:F,D1:D3))

Upvote 0
OK, in my example I have a list with the following columns: Product, Customer,..., Total.

I have put a table in the list named Sales. At the right of the table I have two Products, with the names Product_Item1 and Product_Item2 and below them I have one Customer with the name Customer_Item.
The sumproduct alone is the following

=SUMPRODUCT(Sales[Total], --((Sales[Product]=Product_Item1)+(Sales[Product]=Product_Item2)), --(Sales[Customer]=Customer_Item))
and gives in my example 159318.4
The Sumifs like your example SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(Sales[Total],Sales[Product],M2:N2,Sales[Customer],Customer_Item)) gives correctly the same number, 159318.4

But if I replace the Sumproduct with Sum, =SUM(SUMIFS(Sales[Total],Sales[Product],M2:N2,Sales[Customer],Customer_Item)) then it give me the wrong 36247.05.

I thought the the combination sum(sumifs..) would give the same number.

I would upload my file (that is from a Lynda seminar) but (shame on me) I cannot find the button to upload files.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm not sure if you are still looking for a solution or not.

I would upload my file (that is from a Lynda seminar) but (shame on me) I cannot find the button to upload files.

You can't upload files, but you can post example data using one of the tools in post # 2 here:

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html

if I replace the Sumproduct with Sum, =SUM(SUMIFS(Sales[Total],Sales[Product],M2:N2,Sales[Customer],Customer_Item)) then it give me the wrong 36247.05.

If you want to use SUM() you would need to commit the formula with Control+Shift+Enter.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back