Data Extraction Help Via Formula

Celticshadow

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All

I have a spreadsheet I receive each day with a list of horses that are running that day with various pieces of information pertaining to their previous runs on row by row basis. What I would like to do is extract each row of data in relation to the horses I am interested in. By that I mean that I will have a list of the interested horses in another sheet in the same spreadsheet that all the horses are listed. May I ask forum is it possible and if so how could I extract each row of data for those horses listed in the other tab (other tab but same spreadsheet) and put them in a separate tab on same spreadsheet. Please see below attachment link for a more detailed (hopefully) explanation. Thanks in advance.

Regards

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nlbv3tQEGAYOv_RaP_Yk0sFATYV5b6KTCUkeBlFr3Fg/edit?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Try using Advanced Filter

You will first need to change the value of cell A1 of List Of Req Horses to Horse instead of Horses (criteria header must match data header) else it won't work

1) Add a new sheet as your output sheet
2) From the new sheet (very important to select the new sheet) select Data - Sort & Filter - Advanced from the Ribbon
3) From the dialog box select Copy to another location
4) List Range - select your data (including header) from your Initial List range A1:T16
5) Criteria Range - select your criteria (include header) from your List Of Req Horses Range A1:A4 (make sure you have changed Horses to Horse)
6) Copy To - select cell A1 of your output sheet.
7) Click OK

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Re: Data Extraction Help Via Formula (SOLVED)

Try using Advanced Filter

You will first need to change the value of cell A1 of List Of Req Horses to Horse instead of Horses (criteria header must match data header) else it won't work

1) Add a new sheet as your output sheet
2) From the new sheet (very important to select the new sheet) select Data - Sort & Filter - Advanced from the Ribbon
3) From the dialog box select Copy to another location
4) List Range - select your data (including header) from your Initial List range A1:T16
5) Criteria Range - select your criteria (include header) from your List Of Req Horses Range A1:A4 (make sure you have changed Horses to Horse)
6) Copy To - select cell A1 of your output sheet.
7) Click OK

Hope this helps

Hi Sunny Kow

Apologies for lateness in reply. I would just like to say many thanks for your above solution to my request and am delighted to say that it works a treat and is a massive time saver. I am hoping to record the above in a macro to make it even speedier. Yourself and fellow members of forum are much appreciated by myself and others for giving your time and expertise to such as I whom do struggle from time to time. As said before you are a credit to yourself and forum. Many thanks again.

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back