Pivot Table Calculated Field

jaustin

Running Excel 365 Pro Plus.
Have a Table with approximately 100,000 rows.
I tried creating a Pivot Table from this table from my Data Model, but Calculated Field is greyed out. Research indicated that using a Data Model somehow restricts Calculated Fields in a Pivot Table that is part of a Data Model. So, I created a separate Pivot Table from the main Table and now Calculated Fields option is active.
The Pivot Table uses 3 fields from this main table (Area, Location, and Legal Subdivision) as rows. A 4th field (Status) from the main table is placed in the SumValues (as Count of Status) and Status is also placed in the Columns area. The 8 categories/values of Status are nicely displayed, summarized and sub-totaled for all of the three row fields. Now, I want to add a calculated field that utilizes the numbers in the displayed 8 column categories. The Calculated Field formula window only shows the fields from the original table. I have been unable to access the 8 categories in the formula space. I tried GetPivotData and it would not accept that notation. I can access these data successfully in a cell outside of the Pivot Table using GetPivotData. While I could do the calculations needed outside of the Pivot Table, there will be continually changes in the data/structure of the main table and keeping these calculations up to data would not be acceptable. Is there a method to get access to the data in these columns for a Calculated Field within the Pivot Table?

Thanks in advance,

jaustin

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
o Indeed, a pivot table created using the data model forbids calculated fields and calculated items.
o Remember that a calculated field must reside in the values area, while calculated items must be in the columns, rows or filter areas of the pivot table.
o A pivot table created from the data model can be converted to formulas at pivot table tools>analyse>OLAP tools>convert to formulas. These formulas will update when the source data changes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back