Return multiple values in one cell that are not found in a reference list

Excel_Newbie_Guy

Hi,

I have searched multiple times and could not find a solution to returning multiple values in a single cell that are not a match, meaning, I would like to return multiple values reported from a single column range that are not a match to a reference list/table.

I have pasted in the cells I am trying to solve. Note that I did use a LOOKUP formula, but now know that it can only return one value.

The data is in Column I and the reference list/table is in Column O and the values that don't match are also in Column O.

Any help provide is greatly appreciated.

Can you use something like this?
=CONCATENATE(TRANSPOSE(IF(ISNA(MATCH($A$1:$A$10,$C$1:$C$5,0)),$A$1:$A$10&" , "))) Before you enter, you need to highlight the transpose(.......all the way to the second last ) of this formula. Hit F9 and remove both { and }. Hit enter. You will see some FALSE results. Then add on the substitute formula. So it will look like =substitute(your formula,"FALSE", "") Then hit enter

aa
bd
cg
dh
ej
f
g
h
ib , c , e , f , i ,
j

<colgroup><col span="2"><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Can you use something like this?

=CONCATENATE(TRANSPOSE(IF(ISNA(MATCH($A$1:$A$10,$C$1:$C$5,0)),$A$1:$A$10&" , "))) Before you enter, you need to highlight the transpose(.......all the way to the second last ) of this formula. Hit F9 and remove both { and }. Hit enter. You will see some FALSE results. Then add on the substitute formula. So it will look like =substitute(your formula,"FALSE", "") Then hit enter

a
a
b
d
c
g
d
h
e
j
f
g
h
i
b , c , e , f , i ,
j

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks Mike,
Unfortunately this is above my head what you are asking me to do... the only thing I can think of is that the data won't be filtered in any way (unsorted - not ascending or anything) and will also include empty cells. So I am not sure if this formula would work in my case.

I did try and insert it into my spreadsheet following your instructions, but I couldn't replicate what you are suggesting, sorry.

Thank,
Guy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back