Data link to another file not working

glhope

I have been successfully using a data link to connect two Excel files, one on my local drive and the other on a mapped network drive. Now, when I open the “local” file (which has the data link and formulas that use it), the cells with the linked data display the correct values, but then revert to a #VALUE! error when I click Update or Don’t Update on the alert window. When I check the status of my data link and update values, it reports OK, but the cells do not update.

Below is a sample of the formula that relies on this data link. I use a very similar formula in several other files without any problem. This file (and formula) was functioning just fine and suddenly stopped.

=OFFSET(INDEX('I:\Volunteers\Community Emergency Response Team\[CERT registration.xlsx]REGISTRATION'!BE$2:BE$9999,MATCH(H13,'I:\Volunteers\Community Emergency Response Team\[CERT registration.xlsx]REGISTRATION'!BE$2:BE$9999,FALSE)),0,-16)

Many thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back