Pulling information from a generated report

emoakstreet

I have a report that is automatically generated once a day.

It arrives as an Excel file with Groupings (by rows) and merged cells. I would like to create a worksheet that pulls the data from this report for anything over a certain price.

The columns are:
Job StatJob NoCust NoCust NameSite No Price

<tbody>
</tbody>

The above is Row 3 in the sheet. Job Stat (Column A) has the merged cells where the Status only appears at the top row of the grouping. In other words, for the Job Stat of "Assigned", this only shows in Row 3. There are then 20 jobs listed with Column A blank. There is a totals line at the bottom of each group. Then A25 will have "Completed". Followed by a number of jobs with Column A blank until the start of the next status. And so on through about 10 different statuses.

What I would like is a worksheet that has a box where I put in a price and it then pulls all the relevant jobs (including Job Status) that are greater than or equal to that price.

Please let me know if I need to provide any more information.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Hi, this is easier (and much more efficient) with a helper column. For this example I have the data in Sheet1!F4:F50. In the second sheet, you would enter the price in B1, and have your column headings in B2:G2. Column A could be hidden, or formatted to distinguish it from the data.

In A1:
Code:
=ROWS(Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50)

In A2:
Code:
=COUNTIF(Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50,">"&$B$1)

In A3:
Code:
=IF(ROWS(A$3:A3)>A$2,"-",SMALL(INDEX(ROW(Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50)-((Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50>$B$1)*$A$1),),ROWS(A$3:A3))+$A$1-ROW(Sheet1!$F$4)+1)

In B3:
Code:
=IF($A3="-","-",INDEX(Sheet1!$A$4:$A$50,MAX(INDEX(ROW(Sheet1!$A$4:INDEX(Sheet1!$A$4:$A$50,$A3))*(Sheet1!$A$4:INDEX(Sheet1!$A$4:$A$50,$A3)<>""),))-ROW(Sheet1!$F$4)+1))

In C3:
Code:
=IF($A3="-","-",IF(INDEX(Sheet1!B$4:B$50,$A3)="","",INDEX(Sheet1!B$4:B$50,$A3)))

Copy C3 along D3:G3, then copy A3:G3 downward as far as required.

Upvote 0
To skip Total rows, change A2 to:
Code:
=COUNTIF(Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50,">"&$B$1)-COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$4:$A$50,"Total")

and A3 to:
Code:
=IF(ROWS(A$3:A3)>A$2,"-",SMALL(INDEX(ROW(Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50)-(((Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50>$B$1)-(Sheet1!$A$4:$A$50="Total"))*$A$1),),ROWS(A$3:A3))+$A$1-ROW(Sheet1!$F$4)+1)

copy A3 downward.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This works great for pulling everything over. Thanks for that.

However, the Totals line is not labeled. There is a count that shows up in the Job No column (Column B). If possible, can use that number because it will be less than 100 and a job number is 8 digits long?

Upvote 0
Okay, A2 becomes:
Code:
=COUNTIF(Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50,">"&$B$1)-COUNTIF(Sheet1!$B$4:$B$50,"<"&100)

and A3 becomes:
Code:
=IF(ROWS(A$3:A3)>A$2,"-",SMALL(INDEX(ROW(Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50)-(((Sheet1!$F$4:$F$50>$B$1)-(Sheet1!$B$4:$B$50<100))*$A$1),),ROWS(A$3:A3))+$A$1-ROW(Sheet1!$F$4)+1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back