Copy Data From One Cell to Another Based on Data in a Third Cell in Multiple Sheets

slpswhite

I have a spreadsheet which has 10 worksheets, starting with the third worksheet and all those which follow I need to evaluate the data in column K to see if it contains the following:

Approved CTO or Approved-STM

If column K contains either of these I need to look at the cell in column L and have the numeric value there copied in column M

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Place this formula in cell M2 and copy it down as far as you need it: =IF(OR(K2="Approved CTO",K2="Approved-STM"),L2,"")

Upvote 0
If you want a macro try
Code:
Sub CopyValues()

Dim Cnt As Long

For Cnt = 3 To Worksheets.Count
      With Sheets(Cnt).Range("M2:M" & Sheets(Cnt).Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
         .Value = Evaluate(Replace("IF((@=""Approved CTO"")+(@=""Approved ATM"")," & .Offset(, -1).Address & "," & .Address & ")", "@", .Offset(, -2).Address))
      End With
   Next Cnt
End Sub
With thanks to Rick Rothstein for help with the Evaluate

Upvote 0
Fluff thanks for the help, I choose to use the code version since I already have some going on these spreadsheets. This almost works, I had an issue where it returned a value of 0 for all entries in column M. Once I looked at it I noticed a typo in the code where we had "Approved ATM and it should have been Approved-STM. Once I changed it it copied the values for the first sheet correctly. I can't tell you how many times I hit the blasted A key instead of the S, all the time! :) The problem seems it is using the entries from sheet one for all the other worksheets so for instance the values on:

Sheet 3 Column L Sheet 3 Expected in M Actual in M

2 2 2
6 6 6
4 4 4

Sheet 4 Column L Sheet 4 Expected in M Actual in M
5 5 2
2 2 6
5 5 4

If there are more entries (Rows) in other sheets it returns a 0 for all those.

I am not sure this all makes much sense if not let me know. The current code is:
Code:
Sub CopyValues()
   Dim Cnt As Long

With Sheets(Cnt).Range("M2:M" & Sheets(Cnt).Range("K" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
         .Value = Evaluate(Replace("IF((@=""Approved CTO"")+(@=""Approved-STM"")," & .Offset(, -1).Address & "," & .Address & ")", "@", .Offset(, -2).Address))
      End With
   Next Cnt
End Sub

Upvote 0
Ok, try
Code:
Sub CopyValues()
   Dim Cnt As Long

Sheets(Cnt).Activate
         .Value = Evaluate(Replace("IF((@=""Approved CTO"")+(@=""Approved-STM"")," & .Offset(, -1).Address & "," & .Address & ")", "@", .Offset(, -2).Address))
      End With
   Next Cnt
End Sub

Upvote 0
mumps this works great! Thanks it's actually going to help me on another workbook I have too. I am working with the code Fluff replied with as I already have some code going in this workbook.

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

As I said in Post#3 I needed help from Rick Rothstein to get the Evaluate working correctly

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinusJE

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back