Sheets("Sheet1").Select
    Range("J12").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Selection.Cut
    Sheets("MANAGER 1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Sheets("Sheet1").Select
End Sub

1. Instead of "R3C7", I would like to go to address that I have copied to clipboard i.e. I have copied the address that's in K11 on Sheet1.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Is this what you need
Code:
Sub Macro3()
    With Sheets("Sheet1")
    .Range("J12").Cut Sheets("data").Range(.Range("K11").Value)
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Is this what you need
Code:
Sub Macro3()
    With Sheets("Sheet1")
    .Range("J12").Cut Sheets("data").Range(.Range("K11").Value)
    End With
End Sub

Hi Fluff,

This didn't work and I'm not sure if this is what I need - I'll try and explain what I'm after, I'm brainstorming few options but I'm puzzled:

I have a table with details of all employees in the "data tab". This tab is only viewable to me and should not be accessed by clients.

I want to create a "Profile" tab, where I will add a dropdown list of all employees. When a client chooses an employee from the list, it will show their details (vlookup).

So far this is doable and simple.

However, to make it a bit interactive, I want to add a "comment box", where clients can add comments about chosen employee from the drop down list.

A1 is the dropdown list of all employees.
A2 is where we will add comments about the chosen employee.
A3 will retrieve the comment.

Say in A1 I choose John E from the list and comments about him in A2, I want a function to take this comment and paste it to John's row under "comments" column in the data table so that I can retrieve it in A3. When I choose Emma B, A2 will become blank again for me to add comment for her as well etc. If I choose John E again, A3 will retrieve and show me the comments that I added about him earlier etc. etc.

How can we achieve this?

Thank you for your support.

Upvote 0
This is completely different to your op & is a duplicate of https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...ll-entry-based-dropdown-list.html#post4988643

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread. Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

I have closed the other thread & left this running, as your description here is more informative.

Upvote 0
Why not use MATCH to find the row for the employee in the data table and copy the comment to the appropriate column in that row?

Upvote 0
Why not use MATCH to find the row for the employee in the data table and copy the comment to the appropriate column in that row?

Hi Norie,

This is precisely what I need - I can add a “save comment” macro button that’ll do exactly what you mentioned. Can you help me with such code as I have no idea? Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back