True floating table with circular cell linking?

josh817

My question is actually 2 parts:

1. Is it possible to create an EDITABLE table (not just a dynamic image) that floats in the same spot while scrolling up/down in excel?
  2. Is it possible to reference cells in such a way as to have that same table on multiple worksheets within the same workbook where I can edit any cell within the table on any sheet of the workbook and those changes are reflected on all other copies of the table?
I'm a fleet manager for a medium size transportation company, and we keep track of our local drivers by using a simple Excel workbook. The workbook contains many separate sheets, each of which is a location we deliver/pickup freight. For the time being, we've settled on adding a completely separate sheet for driver tracking, but this can be a little cumbersome as we wind up scrolling through the sheets to get to that particular sheet just to show a driver as available/unavailable when they get dispatched or finish a load.
We've tried adding a few cells out next to the table we use for tracking loads based on order numbers for each location, but those cells quickly get lost in the vertical scroll as we typically fill up 300-400 rows per day on each sheet. The other pitfall to that idea is that we have to update every single group of cells on each sheet every time we dispatch a load.
I've researched this topic for a while now and can't seem to find any solutions that would accommodate our needs sufficiently. The watch window won't work because we would still have to refer to the original sheet the driver list is on in order to update their status. The closest I've been able to come to a usable solution is using the camera to capture an image of the driver list and have that image float using VB code. However, it suffers the same flaw in that we must go to the driver list itself to change their status for it to be updated in the dynamic image.
Additionally, I've tried linking cells so that I can update once and it's reflected everywhere else, and that works perfectly--IF I only want to be able to update the information from the original source table. I would like to be able to link the cells in such a way that no matter what copy of this table I'm editing on which sheet, the changes are reflected in all the other copies.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back