Check if months in dates are within given month

russellday

Hi

I have a summary sheet and I want to check that other dates within other tabs are within the given month and return yes if all do match or no if at least one does not.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Hi

I have a summary sheet and I want to check that other dates within other tabs are within the given month and return yes if all do match or no if at least one does not.

Hello Russell,

Please elaborate a bit more or provide sample data.

Although to extract month from date is

=text(cell refrence,"mmm")

this can be combined with if. Still sample data will help

Upvote 0
So essential I have a summary tab with a cell question that ask are all dates entered within the month. Each other tab has a single date entry. I want the summary tab to check that each of the other tabs single date entry is in the month and return yes if they all do or no.

Upvote 0
Hi could really do with some help here..

In A2 of Tab1 I need a formula to look at A2 of Tabs 1,2&3 and return "yes" if all the dates contained are within a given month. or "no" if any do not math the month criteria.

Upvote 0
Hi, how many tabs do you have that need checking?

Upvote 0
Hi, list those 5 sheets in a range on the worksheet and name that reange via the name manager "ShtList" - you can then try somthing like this where the given month is January 2018.

Code:
=IF(SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIFS(INDIRECT(ShtList&"!A1"),">=Jan2018",INDIRECT(ShtList&"!A1"),"<=" & EOMONTH("Jan2018",0)))=COUNTA(ShtList),"Yes","No")

Upvote 0
Thanks for you help but this seems rather complicated

These things often are.

I would welcome a more simple solution.

You could nest the tests in an AND() function somthing like this which is for sheets 1 to 3 which you can continue to extend as needed.

Code:
=IF(AND(TEXT(Sheet1!A1,"YYYYMM")="201801",TEXT(Sheet2!A1,"YYYYMM")="201801",TEXT(Sheet3!A1,"YYYYMM")="201801"),"Yes","No")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back