Formula: Test if array is exact match to another array.

Lewzerrrr

Hi,

I need to in whole do 2 tests but unsure why it's not working.

I'm running a simple copy page down copy.. macro on another programme that copies the data and then pastes into Excel, however with said macro it will duplicate the copy once at the bottom of the list.

This will create a 7 row, 10 column paste of data * however much until I stop running the macro.

I will paste this in B4 and the data can range from B4:K(end of data).

What I need to test is if in column B there's a Y which is simple but then also test if a 7, 10 matches the 7, 10 below e.g does B12:K18 = B19:K25. If either of these tests come true then mark a Y.

So something like {=IF(B12="Y","Y",IF(B12:K18=B19:K25,"Y",""))} but this brings back a Y even if B12 doesn't have a Y and even if the whole of B12:K18 doesn't equal B19:K25.

What's the best way to go about this?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Write a macro that doesn't duplicate the copy. Dave

Would be good however the programme is AS400 and unsure how technical with code it can be. Not many articles around AS400 language. It’s pretty much just [COPY]
[PAGE-DOWN]
[COPY-NEXT]

Upvote 0
Does it have to be a formula solution or is VBA OK? I don't really understand the conditions that U outlined to describe what and where U are looking for duplicates? What happens when U do find the duplicates or do U want to manually clear them? Dave

Upvote 0
Does it have to be a formula solution or is VBA OK? I don't really understand the conditions that U outlined to describe what and where U are looking for duplicates? What happens when U do find the duplicates or do U want to manually clear them? Dave

VBA can work, I already have a code that can clear contents if Header 1 has a Y in it.

Code:
ws.Columns("B").Replace "Y", "#N/A", xlWhole, , False, , False, False

On Error Resume Next

Intersect(ws.Columns("B:K"), ws.Columns("B").SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlErrors).EntireRow).ClearContents

On Error GoTo 0

For example 1, check to see if header 1 has a Y and then clear contents of all data below this.
For example 2, check to see if the 2 X 2 box is a duplicate of the 2 X 2 box above, if so clear contents of all data below this.

What I was trying to do was in a separate column, make a formula that will test both conditions and return a Y and then for my macro to clear contents if a Y was first found.

See below examples of small data sets, you can see where the macro copies a certain section and duplicates if I don't turn it off. (2 X 2 box)

AS400 Programme 1Example 1Result 1AS400 Programme 2Example 2Result 2
Header 1Header 2Header 1Header 2Header 1Header 2Header 1Header 2Header 1Header 2Header 1Header 2
AppleAppleAppleAppleAppleApple
PearPearPearPearPearPear
OrangeOrangeOrangeOrangeOrangeOrange
GrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrapeGrape
LimeLimeLimeLimeLimeLime
YLemonYLemonLemonLemonLemon
YWatermelonYWatermelonWatermelonWatermelonWatermelon
YStrawberryYStrawberryStrawberryStrawberryStrawberry
YWatermelonWatermelon
YStrawberryStrawberry
YWatermelonWatermelon
YStrawberryStrawberry
YWatermelonWatermelon
YStrawberryStrawberry
YWatermelonWatermelon
YStrawberryStrawberry
YWatermelon
YStrawberry

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
SOLVED

Managed to use this formula and then used a VBA code that searches for a "Y" in column A and clear contents across and below.

=IF(OR(B3="Y",C3=" ",AND(EXACT(B3:C4,B1:C2))),"Y","") confirm with CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER.

Data applied to:

Example 1
Header 1Header 2
Apple
Pear
Orange
Grape
Y
YYLemon
YYWatermelon
YYStrawberry
YYWatermelon
YYStrawberry
YYWatermelon
YYStrawberry
YYWatermelon
YYStrawberry
YYWatermelon
YYStrawberry
YYWatermelon
YYStrawberry

<colgroup><col span="2"><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back