Can I password protect access to selected worksheets inside a workbook?

pgrant

I have a workbook with 100 worksheets that contain formulas that roll up the data. (Budgets!)
I need to collaborate with 7 different people to complete the workbook. They are not allowed to see the worksheets that belong to the other people.
I would like to avoid manually integrating all 7 responses into the original workbook.
Is it possible to password protect selected sheets so the user can only see the sheets with that password?

Or is there another good way to do this?
Thank you!

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
You can password protect a worksheet which prevents a user from editing it, but it doesn't prevent a user from seeing its contents. If you simply hide the worksheet then any user can unhide it and see the contents. If you want to prevent a user from seeing the contents you need to use xlVeryHidden.

Upvote 0
You can password protect a worksheet which prevents a user from editing it, but it doesn't prevent a user from seeing its contents. If you simply hide the worksheet then any user can unhide it and see the contents. If you want to prevent a user from seeing the contents you need to use xlVeryHidden.

Thanks very much for replying. I was hoping not to have to create separate workbooks that I have to sew back together. I'm using Excel in Office 365 Pro Plus.
I have used the "Shared" mode to merge workbooks back together before so I might try that but it makes me nervous.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back