Help! Trying to calculate time differences between two different lists of timestamps!

winslowmargot

Hi! I have two lists of dates for a project, one is the Maintenance Dates and one is the Production Dates. I'm trying to figure out for each Production Date, how long has it been since the last Maintenance Date. The Maintenance Dates will be far less frequent than Production Dates, obviously, but there are a lot of them so it would be way easier to have a formula to calculate this delta. Anyone have any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
How is this data organized? In rows / columns? Can you give an example?

Upvote 0
Basically I have 4 columns: Equipment Name, Widget Lot Number, Equipment Maintenance Date, Widget Production Date. The Widget Lot Number and Widget Production Date always correspond with each other, but I have this separate list of dates for the Equipment Maintenance Dates that would have occurred on the same Equipment that ran the production. So I would have dates under Equipment Maintenance Date that have no Widget Lot Number to correspond with it. I am trying to figure out how to calculate the amount of time between Widget Production Date and the most recent Equipment Maintenance Date, which otherwise have no way of joining those two data sets (at least so far :) ).

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have been puzzling over this some time now. I'm not sure if there is a simple way to capture this in a formula. It may require a macro or a userdefined function.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back