lepend

Board Regular
Hi all,
Ive got the following formula and want to drag it but changing G:G in relation to the column
Code:
=SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&$F$4&"'!G:G"),INDIRECT("'"&$F$4&"'!C:C"),$E28,INDIRECT("'"&$F$4&"'!A:A"),$E$4)
Sorry, I didnt make this formula and really dont understand so well how this works so any explanations need to be for a complete newbie
Any help appreciated...
Thanks
lepend

Sorry didnt know i was breaking any rules
While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
If I change the following "instead of G:G, use G2:G1000" =SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&$F$4&"'!F11:F10000"),INDIRECT("'"&$F$4&"'!C:C"),$E11,INDIRECT("'"&$F$4&"'!A:A"),$E$4) I get the #VALUE ! error

Upvote 0
You have to do it to ALL the ranges, not just G:G
ok.. I tried doing this with find and select option but it wouldnt work.. how can i do this without having to do it manually.. it will take me until this time next year..

Upvote 0
Really?

You changed F:F to F1:F10000 pretty quick, surely less than an hour...
Seems you could change A:A to A1:A10000 and C:C to C1:C10000 in pretty much the same amount of time.

Maybe I'm missing something, I'm only referring to the single formula you've posted.

Upvote 0
Ah, so if i use find and select/replace on each column then when ive completed all columns the VALUE error will disappear..?

Upvote 0
All else being equal, and assuming you did not have any #Value! errors to begin with before you even posted here...
Then yes, if each range in every sumifs formula is of equal dimensions, then they will not result in #Value!.

=SUMIFS(A1:A100,B1:B105,"criteria") - This will return #Value! because of the unequal dimensions of the ranges.
=SUMIFS(A1:A100,B1:B100,"criteria") - This will not (at least not due to the range dimensions).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive changed all the cell formulas and I am getting the VALUE error in all cells.. Ive double checked that all columns that ive changed are without differences and all is ok there.. what else can it be?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back