Question about finding the results of a Countifs

Ultramad

Good afternoon, evening or night,
I have been working on modifying a sheet which has been in use for some time. It is a manually input sheet which has data for a bunch of different machines which are given number designations(1, 2, 3, 4, etc). Each of these units has equipment which is numbered as well and interchangeable(Machine 1 and 2 can use Equipment 1 or 2 or 3 for example). I keep track of the amount of times these are on the sheet each month.

I previously discovered after much toil that the person entering the data was sometimes entering it incorrectly. I have written some functions using countifs to get the number of times a certain machine number count is equal to the number of times when a machine number corresponds to a given equipment number. If the data is entered correctly on the sheet, the answer should be 0. However if the data has an error in it it will return a number. I then have a function that breaks down with a Countifs where the criteria is data that is not any of the equipment that should correspond to the machines capable equipment. This number should always be 0 if correct, however I would like to write a function that will give me the address of the result of this countifs formula. Is there any way to find a cell address where criteria is not met?
Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back